Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Humpty Dumpty & Wood Glue

At lunch today, I returned to my chair to have it make a not-so-entertaining noise.  It was something of a goan and crunch.  As I was lamenting my doctors last comment "man you must eat a lot" I looked down to see most of one leg detached.  It was a small, hole-in-the-wall kind of place with the lunch crowd mostly gone and little service to be seen.  

I set the chair aside to make sure it would be seen.  After a couple of minutes the owner walks out and puts the chair back in the place of the chair I had taken from another table.  I explained the fact that the chair almost crumpled under me.  To which he nodded and said "nothing that a little wood glue won't fix" and left the chair there for the next unsuspecting customer.

While he was probably correct, I was a little shocked to think that his typical customer was probably an elderly lady (it is just a sandwich/coffee shop) who might not be so quick to fix with wood glue.  

Perhaps she gets to own the place?  Why not either fix it on the spot or just put it in the back to fix later?  Why risk a customer getting hurt? Even a medical bill in these days is worth a lot of sandwiches.


No comments:

Post a Comment