Monday, March 23, 2009

Between 9 and 5

"I will be at your office somewhere between 9 and 5 next Tuesday."  

What kind of business can get away with this type of scheduling as a business model?  In this day and age with all types of resource planning and scheduling software, how can this still be acceptable?

We just received a call that our washing machine is under recall and they will pick up and replace the unit between 9 and 5 and that we need to be there the whole time.  I am willing to be that they will show during the 10 minutes my wife is picking up the kids.

1 comment:

BarryD said...

Its still such a pervasive practice, especially with consumer-based in-home services such as electricians, plumbers. CABLE TV is notorious! I had a pick up to donate an item of furniture where I at least got a half day window. Its not just the small guys either. I can't believe the local electrician with 50 trucks on the road - a sizable enterprise - would not see the value in optimizing scheduling. Its not just a customer service issue. Optimized scheduling can slash expenses and increase capacity that flow directly to the bottom line.

Post a Comment